Compliance Requirement
Share >

Compliance Requirement

All Singapore companies must comply with the statutory filing requirements with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS). You may engage a professional firm to be your tax and secretary agent to assist you to meet the compliance requirement.

Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)

Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI)

  • file within 3 months from financial year end

Income Tax Return

  • file by 30th November each assessment year

Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)

Annual General Meeting

  • first AGM within 18 months after its incorporation;
    Subsequent AGMs must be held every calendar year and the interval between AGMs should not be more than 15 months

Annual Return (AR)

  • AR must be filed within one month after the AGM

Other Requirements

Goods and Services Tax (GST)

  • registration for GST is compulsory if:
    a) turnover is more than $1 million for the past 12 months; or
    b) you are currently making sales and you can reasonably expect the turnover to be more than $1 million for the next 12 months.

Audited or Unaudited report

  • every company must prepare either audited or unaudited financial statements;
  • Company needs not be audited if it is an Exempt Private Limited company (EPC) and turnover less than S$1 million.

XBRL Filing requirement

  • Solvent EPCs will are exempted from filing XBRL report. Insolvent EPCs and Non- EPCs are required to file XBRL

CPF Contribution

  • contribution made 14 days after the end of the month

Company Registration Number Disclosure

  • every company is required to have the registration number on all business letters, statements of account, invoices, official notices and publications.

Licenses and Permits

  • Some business in Singapore is subjected to regulation by government authorities such as school, travel agency.

Custom Registration

  • for company involves import, export in and out of Singapore, you will need to obtain a CR No., known as Custom Registration