Requirement of company secretary
Every company must have at least one secretary who must be a Singapore resident with the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge his/her function as a secretary of the company. He or she is company’s chief administrative officer and is the person responsible for the company’s compliance with its statutory duties. The secretary’s key role is to ensure that board procedures are followed and regularly reviewed.
Responsibilities and work scope
We provide comprehensive corporate secretarial services to both local and multinational companies to assist them in complying with the various local legislations. Our services include:
- Maintaining the Statutory Registers and Minute books
- Preparing of minutes / resolutions of Directors and Shareholders.
- Organize and attend directors’ and shareholders meetings
- Filing of Annual Return and accounts with ACRA
- Various types of secretarial service such as
- Share transfer
- Share allotment
- Share buy bank
- Share reduction
- Change of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Change of directors, secretary and auditors
- Change of registered address and company officer’s particular
- Change of company name
- Acquisition and disposal of investment
- Declaration of dividend
- Opening of bank accounts and application of bank facilities
- Incorporation and business registration including
- Singapore private limited companies
- Singapore branch
- Singapore representative office
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and Partnership
- Offshore companies including BVI, Cayman, Cyprus, Hong Kong, etc.
- Provision of nominee secretary, local director or local agent
- Striking-off of private limited companies
- Members’ Voluntary Liquidation
- Advising/updating clients on compliance with the Companies Act
Ecovis Singapore has pool of secretary team who can provide you with high standard of advisory services on compliance requirements under the Companies Act.