Audits of EU projects are conducted with due regard to binding legislation of the European Union as well as Polish regulations, including:
- standards of financial auditing as defined by the National Council of Statutory Auditors,
- International Standards of Auditing issued by the IFAC,
- International Auditing Standards IIA,
- guidelines with respect to auditing and financial control in individual aid programmes issued by European Union and domestic institutions.
The scope of an audit is defined in agreement with the client. Depending on specific needs, we focus on the following areas:
- verification of the effectiveness of management and internal control systems, with special emphasis on control of project implementation and funds spending,
- analysis and evaluation of risks related to project implementation,
- analysis of project implementation in terms of its compliance with the contract, programme guidelines and legal regulations,
- assessment of the regularity of application of public procurement procedures,
- assessment of the compliance of actions with the project description and the schedule of works and expenditures,
- assessment of the degree of attaining project objectives in terms of works and expenditures (direct and indirect, long-term results),
- analysis and assessment of the accuracy of the accounting system and the system of reporting on project implementation, including a detailed evaluation of the accuracy of the preparation of financial statements on project implementation,
- analysis of the accuracy of expenditures documentation,
- verification of expenditures in the context of their eligibility
- verification of the application of the rules concerning information and promotion.
Audit procedures are adapted to a specific fund, to the character of the project, the degree of project implementation, the existence of internal audit function and the detailed requirements of the audit contract.
EVALUATION OF EU PROJECTS
We carry out evaluations of projects co-financed from European Union funds in every phase of their implementation. An evaluation examination may include:
- assessment of the system of project implementation adopted,
- diagnosis of factors which may influence the process of implementation and the effectiveness of attaining the assumed objectives,
- evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the project,
- evaluation of the quality of the management of project implementation,
- examination of the extent to which actions undertaken contribute to attaining the project objectives,
- examination of the conformity of the activities implemented with the expectations and needs of recipients.
EU funds consultants, internal auditors and evaluation experts aware of the legal context of EU project implementation are directly involved in the evaluation of projects co-financed from EU funds.
EU PROJECT SERVICES
We provide services in the area of settlement of projects co-financed from European Union funds. We guarantee professional assistance which ensures the security of our customers in regard to a project’s financial progress and implementation of project indicators.
In particular, we offer:
- project progress reporting,
- drawing up requests for payment,
- keeping full project accounting documentation,
- verification of eligibility of expenditures,
- assistance in creating a project costs filing system,
- monitoring the financial progress of a project,
- consultancy if the implementation of project objectives is endangered.
If you have any questions concerning these services, contact us.