Favorable terms for people stationed in Denmark
Denmark has one of the highest personal income tax rates in Europe.
However, certain regulations favour expat workers:
- The 26% tax scheme means that key employees and researchers recruited abroad can obtain a significantly lower tax rate on their gross wages the first five years of residence in Denmark.
- The 26 % are calculated after a gross tax at (% so the effective tax rate is 31,92 %.
- There are some conditions there have to be met.
- The most important once are:
– A gross income per month that exceeds DKK 62.300
– You must not have been full or limited taxable to Denmark in 10 years before this Tax Scheme can be used